- Read-Write linked data - Design Issues
- Socially aware cloud storage - Design Issues
There is an architecture in which a few existing or Web protocols are gathered together with some glue to make a world wide system in which applications (desktop or Web Application) can work on top of a layer of commodity read-write storage. Crucial design issues are that principals (users) and groups are identifies by URIs, and so are global in scope, and that elements of storage are access controlled using those global identifiers. The result is that storage becomes a commodity, independent of the application running on it.
- Fractal Web - Commentary on Web Architecture
The Scale-free nature of the Web
- The Evolution of a specification -- Commentary on Web
- -- Axioms of Web architecture
- Abstractions in Web architecture - Design Issues
The Semantic Web's realization is: It is isn't the documents which are actually interesting, it is the things they are about!
- What do HTTP URIs Identify? - Design Issues
"This was a result of my being in a minority with this opinion on the Technical Architecture Group, and yet finding it the only one I could accept. This is related to TAG issue HTTPRange-14." (TBL)
- Architecture of the World Wide Web, Volume One
This architecture document discusses the core design components of the Web. They are identification of resources, representation of resource state, and the protocols that support the interaction between agents and resources in the space. We relate core design components, constraints, and good practices to the principles and properties they support.
- sl:creationDate : 2006-12-31
- rdf:type : sl:Tag
- skos:prefLabel : Web architecture