- Linking Folksonomies and Ontologies for Supporting Knowledge Sharing: a State of the Art
Social tagging systems have recently become very popular as a means to classify large sets of resources shared among on-line communities over the social Web. However, the folksonomies resulting from the use of these systems revealed limitations: tags are ambiguous and their spelling may vary, and folksonomies are difficult to exploit in order to retrieve or exchange information. This report compares the recent attempts to overcome these limitations and to support the use of folksonomies with formal languages and ontologies from the Semantic Web.
Projet ISICIL : Intégration Sémantique de l'Information par des Communautés d'Intelligence en Ligne
- SKOS + DC + Linked Data = Semantic Tagging? - benjamin nowack's blog
- CommonTag - An easy-to-use vocabulary for Semantic Tagging | Alexandre Passant
- Case Study: Semantic Tags
Faviki is a social bookmarking tool that allows users to annotate the contents of web pages by Wikipedia concepts.
- Faviki - Social bookmarking tool using smart semantic Wikipedia (DBpedia) tags
Faviki is a tool that brings together social bookmarking and Wikipedia. It lets you bookmark web pages using Wikipedia's terms. In Faviki, everybody uses the same names for tags from the world's largest collection of knowledge!
- Faviki uses Wikipedia and DBpedia for semantic tagging
- Case Study: KDE 4.0 Semantic Desktop Search and Tagging
Semantic Web technologies (RDF, RDFS, OWL) are used as a backend metadata architecture in KDE 4.0 to tag, comment, annotate, etc, all files under Linux regardless of their file format, and to initiate corresponding search actions.
- Using tags for POWDER content labels
- POWDER: Use Cases and Requirements
- International Workshop on Emergent Semantics and Ontology Evolution
The Semantic Web and collaborative tagging are two complementary approaches...Bundles, classification, relations or tagging of tags are some promising ways to enforce some kinds of structure for tags in order to enable scalability and findability...There is a growing interest in marrying the two paradigms in order to create large-scale semantic and intelligent content.
Abstract submissions: July 23, submissions due: July 30
- sl:creationDate : 2007-06-23
- sl:creationTime : 2007-06-23T15:04:40Z
- rdf:type : sl:Tag
- skos:prefLabel : Semantic tagging