- Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion from Guha on 2013-10-03 (email@example.com from October 2013)
"Schema.org encourages the use of multiple vocabularies"
- WebSchemas/SKOS - W3C Wiki
- Thesaurus-augmented Search with Jena Text | ZBW Labs
- Re: Should we adopt SKOS? from Mike Bergman on 2013-01-11 (firstname.lastname@example.org from January 2013)
As for SKOS, I think it is generally orthogonal to a schema.org
specification. Like any vocabulary on the Web, map to the concepts that
make sense for you. If "about" with namespace recognition were added to
schema.org, there would be no further questions about what to do with
SKOS or any other Web vocabulary.
schema.org != semantic web
- Using SKOS vocabularies for improving Web Search
- Re: Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts? from François-Paul Servant on 2012-11-12 (email@example.com from November 2012)
- Tools for exporting SKOS to human readable form (HTML) from Peter Krantz on 2012-10-24 (firstname.lastname@example.org from October 2012)
- visualization of skos thesauri (email@example.com from July 2012)
- lucene-skos - A SKOS analyzer module for Apache Lucene and Solr - Google Project Hosting
- Mathematics Subject Classification MSC2010
The Mathematics Subject Classification (MSC) is being converted into a SKOS form incorporating much other related material.
- WordPress › PoolParty Thesaurus « WordPress Plugins
- Using DBpedia to generate SKOS thesauri « About the social semantic web
- Geological Survey Austria launches thesaurus project |The Semantic Puzzle
- RDF export/import should be W3C standard SKOS - here is the patch | drupal.org
- Improve your taxonomy management using the W3C SKOS standard
- Quality Criteria for SKOS Vocabularies - GitHub
- The Semantic Puzzle | Transforming spreadsheets into SKOS with Google Refine
- GraphViz and SKOS...
- Subject classification with DITA and SKOS
- What SKOS-XL adds to SKOS - bobdc.blog
- VOYAGES OF THE SEMANTIC ENTERPRISE: How to: convert a spreadsheet to SKOS
- Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?
Now I'm asking, what's the harm in identifying both the foaf:Person
and the implicit skos:Concept with the same URI, e.g., http://dbpedia.org/resource/Michelle_Obama?
- Describe a topic of a concept - Semantic Overflow
- The topic topic
- SPARQL for SKOS integrity constraints
- Poolparty Demozone
- The Semantic Puzzle | Why SKOS thesauri matter – the next generation of semantic technologies
- Schools Online Thesaurus
The Schools Online Thesaurus (ScOT) provides a controlled vocabulary of terms used in Australian and New Zealand schools. Schools Online Thesaurus web service (ScOTwS) allows systems to get ScOT terms by ID, name or by other parameters. Data is available in SKOS RDF and VDEX xml
- The Semantic Puzzle | Linking Open Data to Thesaurus Management
PoolParty service, a SKOS-based thesaurus management tool with linked data capabilities.
- SKOS + DC + Linked Data = Semantic Tagging? - benjamin nowack's blog
- SKOS implementation: Rameau subjects as linked data
Announce: release an *experimental* service  that provides the RAMEAU subject headings as open linked data.
Rameau  is the main subject vocabulary used at the French national library (BnF) and many other French institutions. This site, a result of the TELplus project, and a collaboration between the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and BnF, aims at encouraging experimentation with Rameau on the web of da
- Semantic Technologies for Archaeological Resources
- Un moteur de transformation RDF basé sur SPARQL (2) « Leçons de Choses
- SKOS and SWOOP: how - bobdc.blog
- Networked Knowledge Organization Systems and Services | The 7th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) Workshop
Please email proposals (approx. 500 words including aims, methods, main findings) by June 20th to Marianne Lykke Nielsen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Advance indication that you intend to submit a presentation would be helpful. Proposals will be peer-reviewed by the program committee and notification of acceptance will be given by July 4th. The early registration deadline for the conference and the workshop is July 31st.
- Alistair Miles » SKOS and RDFa in e-Learning
Both SKOS and RDFa have interesting consequences for e-learning technology, and especially for leveraging the Web as a platform for delivering learning.
- SCOT:Let’s Share Tags! » About SCOT
The SCOT(Social Semantic Cloud Of Tags) ontology is to semantically represent the structure and semantics of a collection of tags and to represent social networks among users based on the tags.
- SKOS/Semantics - W3C Semantic Web Deployment Wiki
- SKOS Extensions [RDF/OWL Description]
An RDF vocabulary containing extensions to SKOS Core useful for specialised applications.
- SKOS Mapping [RDF/OWL Description]
An RDF vocabulary for describing mappings between concept schemes.
- An OWL model for managing ontologies in the agricultural domain
From AGROVOC to the Agricultural Ontology Service / Concept Server
- SKOS core (rdf file)
- Simple Knowledge Organisation Systems (SKOS) - home page
- RE: [VM] content-dependent redirects in apache ... help! from Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) on 2005-10-03 (email@example.com from October 2005)
- HTTP behaviour for SKOS Concepts from Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) on 2005-06-21 (firstname.lastname@example.org from June 2005)
- SkosDev - ESW Wiki
Best practices for naming resources of type skos:Concept with HTTP URIs
- DEMO of the STITCH project ("Semantic Interoperability To access Cultural Heritage")
The STITCH DEMO webserver demonstrates the added value of semantical integration of multiple collections.
The collections that are linked by the prototype RDF Multi-Faceted-Search browser are the Rijksmuseum Masterpieces Collection (ARIA) and the Medieval Illuminated Manuscripts at the National Library of the Netherlands
SKOS is used to enable mixing/merging of separate vocabularies:
Cultural-heritage collections are typically indexed with metadata derived from a range of different vocabularies, such as AAT, Iconclass and in-house standards. This presents a problem when one wants to use multiple collections in an interoperable way. In general, it is unrealistic to assume unification of vocabularies. Vocabularies have been developed in many sub-domains, each with their own emphasis and scope. Still, there is significant overlap between the vocabularies used for indexing. The prime research objective of this subproject is to develop theory, methods and tools for allowing metadata interoperability through semantic links between the vocabularies.
- Internet Alchemy Tinky and SKOS
- XML.com: Introducing SKOS
- EBB: ebiquity blog at UMBC » SKOS: Simple Knowledge Organization System
- SKOS Core Guide