- "Modular Unified Tagging Ontology (MUTO)"
- Search, Tagging and Wikis (2007)
- Diigo - Web Highlighter and Sticky Notes, Online Bookmarking and Annotation, Personal Learning Network.
"knowledge sharing community"
- The Tetherless World Weblog » I will pay delicious $100 for hierarchical tagging
- SCOT:Let’s Share Tags! » About SCOT
The SCOT(Social Semantic Cloud Of Tags) ontology is to semantically represent the structure and semantics of a collection of tags and to represent social networks among users based on the tags.
- Semantic Wave: Breaking Tags Out of Their Existential Crisis
"Apps can allow for the entry of tags for a particular subject through different predicates."
veotag is a new service that lets you display clickable text, called "veotags," within an audio or video file.
Your audience can see the veotags whenever they play your file on the web. Clicking on a veotag lets your audience jump right to that part of the file.
- ConTag A Tagging System: Linking the Semantic Desktop with Web 2.0
Diploma Thesis qui cite Semanlink
- WIT - The Add-A-Tag algorithm
If a user's tagging data is treated as a continuous stream of information about a user's interests, it can be used to create a rich user profile. The profile should represent the most important parts of a user's behaviour. Both persistent long-term interests and transient short-term interests should co-exist in the profile.
- Using labels to give semantics to tags - Design Issues
This article discusses how the user interface metaphor of a luggage label cam used to associate metadata from well-defined ontology with tags from a particular context.
I heard of one online community which was considering making a system to allow one formally to state when one has committed to use a given tag in the same way as another person, or growing mesh of people. That would be a very interesting feature, as it would allow a useful definition to gain growing acceptance, to progressively move from being a private idea to being a group global standard.
- mSpace - Projects - Rich Tags
Rich Tags: Supporting Better Exploration of Digital Repositories with Semantic Social Tagging
- FaceTag: Integrating Bottom-up and Top-down Classification in a Social Tagging System
Facetag is a working prototype of a semantic
collaborative tagging tool conceived for bookmarking
information architecture resources. It aims to show how the
widespread homogeneous and flat keywords' space of tags can be
effectively mixed with a richer faceted classification scheme to
improve the “information scent” and “berrypicking” capabilities
of the system. The additional semantic structure is aggregated
both implicitly observing user behaviour and explicitly
introducing a compelling user experience to facilitate the
creation of relationships between tags directly by end-users.
Facetag current implementation is written in PHP / SQL and
includes an open API which allows querying and integration
from other applications.
TagCommons is a place and a process for us to create ways to share and interoperate over tagging data.
- The Semantic Web Revisited
highlights the overlaps between folksonomies and ontologies
- An alternative Approach to Tagging - ThinkPHP /dev/blog
A method that combines the flexibility of tagging with the search-narrowing power of a deep hierarchy is to combine the tags to an 'instant hierarchy
- Scuttle: Store, share and tag your favourite links
- XTech 2006: Semantics Through the Tag
This paper will discuss how tagging can be separated from the
services that provide them, allowing use of tags as separate
entities. This separation will use a mapping of tags to and from
RDF, showing how the context of tags (who, where, when made them) can
be represented and preserved. There are multiple choices for
modelling tags in this way which will be discussed along with their
benefits and some of the unusual uses of tags will be considered as
well as the different way that existing tagging services use tagging
The paper will also discuss methods of how to find the meaning of a
tag – going from a tag to something a human can understand as a
description, which may be evolving – in a decentralized, web friendly
way. Without the use of ontologies!
- Burningbird » Cheap Eats at the Semantic Web Café
- Folksonomies: Tidying up Tags?
We begin by looking at the issue of "sloppy tags", and ask if there are ways the folksonomy community could offset such problems and create systems that are conducive to searching, sorting and classifying. We then go on to question this "tidying up" approach and its underlying assumptions, highlighting issues surrounding removal of low-quality, redundant or nonsense metadata, and the potential risks of tidying too neatly and thereby losing the very openness that has made folksonomies so popular.
- Blosxom Plugin Tagging
- Harry Chen Thinks Aloud » Can ThinkMap Make Better Flickr and Technorati?
- Tagging for business and education
- Google Adds Tagging
Google has silently added a Bookmarks feature to My Search History, enabling you to quickly tag and comment any web page you’ve visited.
- A cognitive analysis of tagging
The beauty of tagging is that it taps into an existing cognitive process without adding much cognitive cost.
- Un web sémantique pour l'utilisateur - 2004-12-08 - Carnet Web Karl
Demandez à votre ordinateur de vous montrer votre activité de la journée du 7 décembre 2004. Combien de photos ai-je prise, à quelles heures, avec qui j'ai discuté ce jour là, de qui ai-je reçu des messages, etc. Impossible.
- XML.com: Constructing or Traversing URIs?
The problem of where to file: Is it possible to construct the perfect classification system?
- Lost Boy: Fun with Jena Rules
Extracting richer metadata from tagging conventions
- TagCloud - Home
TagCloud is an automated Folksonomy tool. Essentially, TagCloud searches any number of RSS feeds you specify, extracts keywords from the content and lists them according to prevalence within the RSS feeds. Clicking on the tag’s link will display a list of all the article abstracts associated with that keyword.
- Social Bookmarking Tools (I): A General Review
- TagglyWiki - a taggable, reusable, non-linear personal web notebook
- Free Bookmark Managers
- Explaining and Showing Broad and Narrow Folksonomies
- http://tagcentral.net/index.php?tag=rdf&submit=Get Tag
- When flickr meets del.icio.us meets SKOS.