- RDFa, Microdata, and RDF (Two Notes Published by the W3C HTML Data Task Force) | Semantic Web Activity News
- Workshop Report: Linked Enterprise Data Patterns
- Catching Up With the W3C And Its Focus On the Enterprise - semanticweb.com
- W3C RDB2RDF Working Group
- Semantic Web Standards - wiki at w3c
- Semantic data extractor - QA @ W3C
This tool, geared by an XSLT stylesheet, tries to extract some information from a HTML semantic rich document. It only uses information available through a good usage of the semantics defined in HTML. Detects GRRDL and RDFa.
- Report from the W3C Workshop on RDF Access to Relational Databases
- Report from W3C Workshop on the Future of Social Networking
- Papers submitted to W3C Workshop on the Future of Social Networking
- W3C Semantic Web Activity News - Eleven W3C Publications Related to OWL 2
- A Prototype Knowledge Base for the Life Sciences
The prototype we describe is a biomedical knowledge base, constructed for a demonstration at Banff WWW2007 , that integrates 15 distinct data sources using currently available Semantic Web technologies such as the W3C standard Web Ontology Language [OWL] and Resource Description Framework [RDF]. This report outlines which resources were integrated, how the knowledge base was constructed using free and open source triple store technology, how it can be queried using the W3C Recommended RDF query language SPARQL [SPARQL], and what resources and inferences are involved in answering complex queries. While the utility of the knowledge base is illustrated by identifying a set of genes involved in Alzheimer's Disease, the approach described here can be applied to any use case that integrates data from multiple domains.
- W3C Semantic Web Activity News - Report of the “Uncertainty Reasoning for the World Wide Web” Incubator Group at W3C
- W3C GRDDL service
- RDFa - W3C Semantic Web Deployment Wiki
- The W3C Markup Validation Service
- SKOS/Semantics - W3C Semantic Web Deployment Wiki
- GRDDL Primer
- Gleaning Resource Descriptions from Dialects of Languages (GRDDL)
W3C Proposed Recommendation 16 July 2007. Main specification doc
- GRDDL Use Cases: Scenarios of extracting RDF data from XML documents
- State of the Semantic Web - Bangalore, 23 February, 2007 - Ivan Herman, W3C
- W3C Uncertainty Reasoning for the World Wide Web Incubator Group
- W3C RDF Validation Service
- Simple Knowledge Organisation Systems (SKOS) - home page
- SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification
- Semantic Web Education and Outreach (SWEO) Interest Group
W3C is pleased to announce the launch of the Semantic Web Education and Outreach Interest Group, chaired by Susie Stephens (Oracle). The group is is chartered to collect proof-of-concept business cases, demonstration prototypes, etc, based on successful implementations of Semantic Web technologies, collect user experiences, develop and facilitate community outreach strategies, training and educational resources.
- SkosDev - ESW Wiki
Best practices for naming resources of type skos:Concept with HTTP URIs
- Re: FW: draft findings on Unsafe Methods (whenToUseGet-7) from Roy T. Fielding on 2002-04-23
I can say with authority that the W3C
was created by big businesses specifically to prevent their own marketing
departments from destroying the value inherent in the Web through their
own, and their competitors', short-sighted, quarterly-revenue-driven
pursuit of profits
The only reason SOAP remains in the W3C for standardization is because
all of the other forums either rejected the concept out of hand or
refused to rubber-stamp a poor implementation of a bad idea.
- Defining N-ary Relations on the Semantic Web
- A Semantic Web Primer for Object-Oriented Software Developers
This note introduces Semantic Web languages such as RDF
Schema and OWL, and shows how they can be used in tandem with mainstream
object-oriented languages. We show that the Semantic Web can serve as a platform
on which domain models can be created, shared and reused.
- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0: RDF Mapping
The main objective of this specification is to present a standard RDF vocabulary equivalent to WSDL 2, so that all WSDL 2 documents can be transformed into RDF and merged with other Semantic Web data.